We’re looking forward to the 2022 swim team season!
Lauren Bowling has been named head coach. A native of Augusta, Georgia, Lauren has been in Charlotte for about a year now. She works for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools as a 9-12 High School Counselor. In addition to counseling, Lauren has extensive swimming experience. She has been swimming for most of her life, starting summer league when she was 6 years old, then transitioning to club swimming. Lauren swam throughout her childhood and adolescent years, eventually landing her with a scholarship to swim collegiately for
North Carolina A&T State University. So, it is great for Lauren to be back in North Carolina!
After Lauren graduated, she pursued her master’s degree and coached part-time for the club team Aiken-Augusta Swim League (ASL). She coached with ASL for four years, coaching all groups from the “Senior” group to the”Beginner” group. Once Lauren landed her career in school counseling, she coached at the high school where she was employed for an additional four years. She also has taught swim lessons privately for many years. Swimming is a sport she is extremely passionate about. Lauren loves coaching and especially loves the spirit of summer league. She can’t wait to meet everyone soon!
If you’re interested in swim lessons, please reach out to AquaTech Pool Management.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member.
- All guests must sign in upon entering the pool area; guests under the age of 18 must give emergency contact information.
- Out-of-town guests (out of Mecklenburg County) may be brought at any time at no fee.
- Local guests may be brought during weekdays and prior to 5:00 PM Friday for a fee of $2.00 per guest.
- Local guests may be brought after 5:00 PM Friday, and anytime on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays for a fee of $4.00 per guest.
- Any in-town resident will be allowed to be a guest at the pool no more than ten times during a summer.
- Each member family is limited to 5 guests per day. Six or more guests may be deemed an unscheduled party, which could result in denied use of facilities at management discretion. Any household that wishes to bring more than the allowed number of guests needs to register for a party through the Pool Management Company.
Many of our members enjoy having birthday parties and dinner gatherings at Barclay Downs. In order to help us best accommodate everyone, please remember the following:
- All parties must be pre-approved and registered at least 7 days in advance by pool management. Please contact Katie Buttcher directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.654.2655.
- Parties will be limited to a maximum number of 25 swimmers, including members and non-members. Guest fees apply to non-members. Parents or guardians may accompany swimmers within reason and at the discretion of pool management.
- Parties are limited to a maximum of three hours in duration.
- Party reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- The number of parties occurring at the same time will be limited to 1-2, depending on the size, timing of the party, and time of year, at management’s discretion.
- At least 3 days prior, the host will provide pool management with the host name, contact phone number, number to be expected for the party (swimmers and non-swimmers), a list of members to be expected, and a list of guests to be expected. These lists will assist the front desk during check in.
- At the time of the party, the host must be at the front desk to assist with welcoming his or her guests and with checking in.
- The host must be present during the full hours of the party.
- An extra lifeguard may be required for the party at the host’s expense. The lifeguard can also assist the host with set up and clean up.
Swim meets require a large number of volunteers to make things run smoothly and quickly. Each parent is required to work AT LEAST one meet during the season. Parents who have children in the 6 and under age group ONLY do not have to work at a meet, but must volunteer at the end of season banquet or team breakfast. The volunteer registration link will be posted here soon.
Head Timer/Timers (10 per meet – head timer needed at home meets only)
Starter (starts races with air horn and announces events at home meets only, experience preferred)
Stroke & Turn Judge (2 per meet – evaluate swimmers’ strokes, starts, turns and finishes for disqualifications, stroke knowledge preferred, get a poolside chair at every meet)
Runner (takes timer sheets to scorer’s table)
Clerk of Course (2 per meet – arrange swimmers in lanes and heats, one for girls and one for boys)
Ribbon Writer (2 per meet – sit near scorer’s table and help with ribbons)
Hospitality (distribute water to volunteers at home meets only)
Concession Worker (2 per meet – assist with grill and concessions at home meets only)
Meet Set Up (assist with setup at home meets only, need to arrive 30 minutes prior to warm-ups)
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SWIM TEAM SPONSORS